You are here
Who are the partners behind kidshealth?
PSNZ is a multi-disciplinary Society committed to improving the health of children and young people. With its membership of a broad range of child and youth health professionals, PSNZ is well-placed to develop content for the kidshealth website that is useful for parents and is up-to-date, accurate and valid.
The Starship Foundation is a charitable trust which raises funds for medical equipment, support services, research and paediatric training to boost children and young people’s health in New Zealand. The Foundation has a high charity profile within New Zealand.
What can you find on kidshealth?
On the kidshealth website New Zealand parents, caregivers, family and whānau will find accurate and reliable information about their children's health. kidshealth content has been developed with substantial input from many professionals, experts and parents from all over New Zealand. Content continues to be added, refined and amended based on expert clinical advice. It includes:
- information for helping you keep your child safe and well including caring for your baby in their first year; preventing injuries; looking after your child's teeth and about your child's learning and development
- information for when your child is unwell or has a health issue such as bedwetting or constipation - there is also a complete A-Z listing of all the conditions, tests and treatments covered on kidshealth
- information for when your child has a long-term condition or disability
- information about the support available for parents, children and families (for example, when your child has a disability or chronic condition) - there is also information about how parents and caregivers can best support their children (for example, when your child is receiving health care treatment or when your child is grieving)
- videos for parents
Who is kidshealth information for?
kidshealth information is for:
- New Zealand parents, caregivers, family and whānau and anyone else involved in caring for New Zealand children
- the range of professionals in New Zealand who work with parents every day - doctors, nurses, early childhood staff, teachers, mental health professionals and others. We hope these professionals will refer parents to the site, or download and print its information for the parents they are working with
- New Zealand health professionals - the health professional section is under development and will increasingly include information written for the range of health professionals who are working together in national child and youth health clinical networks in New Zealand
kidshealth is growing all the time so please keep checking back if your topic isn’t covered.