NSAIDs for pain management
NSAIDs are a group of medicines that reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
Some NSAIDs used in New Zealand
- diclofenac - Voltaren, Flameril
- ibuprofen - Nurofen, Brufen, Fenpaed
About non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
The Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) parent information leaflet (BC Children's Hospital, Vancouver, Canada), above, provides the following information:
- what are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)?
- how to use and store this medication
- what to do if you miss a dose
- drugs and foods to avoid
Although this is a Canadian resource, most of the content is relevant to New Zealand families (apart from contact details and medication names).
© Paediatric Society of New Zealand and Starship Foundation 2005 – 2014
Printed on 24 April 2014. Content is regularly updated so please refer to www.kidshealth.org.nz for the most up-to-date version