Call 111 in New Zealand for emergencies, 0800 611 116 if you need health advice about your baby or child, 0800 933 922 if you need advice about child health or parenting.
- in an emergency (ambulance/fire/police) – call 111 in New Zealand (make sure to use the appropriate emergency number in other countries)
- call Healthline on 0800 61 11 16 if you need health advice about your baby or child
- call PlunketLine on 0800 93 39 22 if you need advice about child health or parenting
- call the Immunisation Advisory Centre (IMAC) on 0800 46 68 63 (weekdays 9am - 4.30pm) for questions on immunisation, vaccination-preventable diseases or a specific vaccine
- call 0508 32 64 59 if you suspect child abuse or neglect or are worried that a baby or child you know is not safe or being well cared for
- call the National Poisons Centre on 0800 76 47 66 for help in the case of poisoning
- call Women’s Refuge on 0800 73 38 43 if you need help, support or information when you're dealing with violence in your life
This page last reviewed 02 June 2016.
Email us your feedback